Have pretty much recovered from jetlag now. Got back home after 3 weeks in Taiwan early on Thurs. Was all ready for two full days of work before an epic sleep, but was not quite prepared for the cold front...! I was working on my tan when I left Taiwan! But it's good to be back. I seem to have spent most of this year away from home so far...
Taipei is my hood after all, and naturally, since I was chillin' with me homies, I tried some new things (and wimped out of others).
New things I tried:
- Pearl Tea (see pics)
- The Lantern Festival
- Shabu Shabu (like Chinese Hotpot)
- ShihLin nightmarket
- Taipei 101 (tallest building in the world, see pics)
- Mahjongg (money, money, money)
- Taking the Taipei MRT (tube) wearing a paddy field hat.
- Kirin beer.
Things I passed on:
- Coagulated pig's blood... bloody!
- Pig's ears... yucky!
- Pig's trotters... muddy!
- Fish heads... fishy!
- Chicken feet... smelly!
- Betel nuts... chewy!
- Hot springs in WuLai... just plain dirty!
Anyone tried these?