Mugshot is a home security application that uses a digital camera or webcam to detect motion in your home. If an intruder, burglar or even nosy housemate is seen, a snapshot is taken and emailed to you. So, should the thief steal your PC or laptop computer, you can still take the pictures of the perpetrator to the police for identification and provide evidence of the crime to authorities and insurers. This is a method of crime-prevention that has had well-publicised successes.
Buy Mugshot for $8
Please note before buying that even in trial mode, the webcam output should be viewable.
To get your license, follow these steps:
- Run Mugshot in trial mode and see the "Purchase Mugshot" dialog box pop up.
- Choose "License Info" and then enter the two lines into the form below. (This info contains your hard drive serial number and is used to encode the license.)
- The "Buy" button below will be enabled which takes you to the Paypal website where you can pay $8. (Payment via credit card is also accepted.)
- Paypal then notify our database that the transaction has taken place and we will email you with your license. Note that the license, and therefore a fully functional version of Mugshot will only work on that one computer. Purchase of a new license is required if you replace your PC.
A computer, an internet connection, an image capture device such as a digital camera or webcam (Mugshot can automatically detect and work with most image capture devices), and an email address to send and receive the captured pictures of any detected intruders.
Version 3.0 (released 27/01/07)
- Various bug fixes
Version 2.0 (released 28/10/06)
- Display at 640x480 resolution
- Trial version limited by watermark on images rather than being time-limited